Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 1 With A Trainer

This morning was my first day training with my trainer...at World's Gym! At first, the gym can be extremely intimidating! Everyone in there seems to have huge muscles and really knows what they're doing. Kristi, my trainer, instantly puts me at ease with her huge smile as we head to take "Before" Pictures. She then informs me that it's not so much fat we will be trying to lose right now, it's more about putting on the muscle. No more high intensity spin classes that I love so much... it's 20 minutes on an inclined treadmill or on the stairs and that's it! Otherwise, I will be burning muscle. She then proceeds to tell me it's legs day! We go through a quick warm up on the treadmill, followed by 6 exercises, super setting two at a time, and ending with 100 lunges! My legs truly felt like jello at this point, yet so good at the same time! I ate a banana post workout and couldn't wait to get home and cook my 5 eggwhites plus one whole egg and mix them with avocado! Funny the foods you crave when your diet is limited. Next step, buy some Glutamine and BCAAs (branched chain amino acids) for muscle recovery and continue persevering!
No, these aren't my legs. Just another motivational pic :)
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment