Monday, December 12, 2011

Turkey Balls!

I came across this amazingly delicious recipe on my trainer's blog and altered it just a tad. It is a great alternative to chicken! I caught myself craving my next meal all day as I ate these for all three larger meals today!

-Package of Lean Turkey
-1 green pepper
-1 cup of onions
-3 egg whites
-Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc...)
*Mix all ingredients together. Place in muffin pan.
*Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes
*Makes exactly 12 turkey balls.
The best part is they are only 60 calories each! 12g protein, 4g carbs, .5g fat
Two balls is equivalent to the protein I need but increase if needed.

Everyday I have had at least one friend, if not more, tell me they are following my blog and and that is has motivated them. This feels so good and in turn, really motivates me!!

My update for week 5: I still have yet to shed any weight which can be truly disheartening. However, like I mentioned in my last post, I am seeing bodily changes and that feels good! Right now, I'm working on putting on muscle and I will eventually lean out more. This is proof that the scale is NOT your friend and it's really hard to judge your progress based on what the scale tells you. I can honestly say that I've never felt better internally and physically. I'm happy with my physique right now and I am still extremely anxious about more changes. So even though the scale isn't budging, my mindset and body are and THAT is motivating! So get off the scale and do what makes YOU feel good!

                               Pinned Image

1 comment: