Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Do It!

I had a moment this weekend that I'm not particularly proud of but I want to share because it will just give you a small glimpse of what training for a Figure Competition is like. All those common mottos you may here, "It may not be easy, but it's worth it!" "Just do it!" "Shut up and do it!" The list goes on and on...yet not one of those could have pulled my head out from where it was from this weekend.

The weeks are fairly easy for me. I wake up, workout almost instantly, work, get all my meals in every 2-3 hours, go back to the gym for cardio, and call it a night. Once Saturday and Sunday hit, all of this becomes a little more difficult. I start off the day great...we wake up, eat a healthy breakfast, get an amazing workout in at the gym, then go home and refuel. Dun dun dun...around noon is when it's time to start errands and/or meet up with friends to do something. This means packing a cooler/bag of my meals for the next 2-6 hours. I'm not going to lie, this is somewhat of a pain! When you don't have a fridge to keep your food in and a microwave to heat it up before eating it, it can become pretty redundant and annoying. Wouldn't it just be easier to drive through Chick-filet, swing by Yogurtland, grab a sandwich at Henry's?? I mean, that's what Matt's doing and he looks great! For what I'm doing though, these things are not realistic.

I will leave out the details but Saturday was a rough one for me. I was around friends and everyone around me was having a fantastic time, why couldn't I let loose and enjoy their company? Well, my meals were spaced out a little bit more than they should have been and while everyone else was enjoying a cold beer and snacking on whatever their heart chose, I was munching on cold chicken out of a tupperware. Spacing my meals out 5 minutes longer then they normally are (and that's not an exaggeration), things not going as planned, sweets only an inch from my face and yet I can't touch them, these things literally drive me nuts! And who gets to reap the emotional roller coaster this journey has taken me on...my lovely fiance!

I was humbled today when my trainer told me that she too goes through these spurts. You start to wonder why you're doing this, you question yourself, you cry, you yell, you're tired, you think of excuses... Talking with her today helped and brought me back to why I started all this. It's a challenge, to myself. I've wanted to do one of these for a LONG time! Matt also reminded me of that yesterday. I've been training for this since November, I have 12 weeks left, why stop now? Because it's getting hard? Because it's different? I've seen changes, I continue to see change, it's ONLY 12 more weeks. I'm going to push through this! I'm going to Just Do It!

why you started


     

1 comment:

  1. My sweetiepie! You're dedication and devotion to your fitness is beyond reproach! Us seeing you striving to your goal is so inspiring. We have faith in you. And most of all, you have faith in yourself. I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU SO DRIVEN! Believe me...I know the challenge you're having. You have a great life coach in your corner. As do I!

    I AM HERE FOR YOU! ILOVE YOU. DADDY

    ReplyDelete